5. Digital Citizenship
6. Technology Operations and Concepts
- Electronic Whiteboard
- ABCya! Kindergarten Elementary Pages
- It may be easier to have the Website http://www.abcya.com/kindergarten_computers.htm on each of your Kindergartner's computers.
- Have the ABCya! Website presented at the front of the computer room. ***Tip*** I usually keep the monitor off until they are ready to work!
1. Discuss with your class the parts of the Internet. Demonstrate as you explain. They may look a little different depending on your Internet Browser.
Cover the following:
- Address Bar- Where you put the URL of the Web site you want to visit. Everyplace on the Internet has an address, just like each of you have a house address.
- Refresh Button: Makes a page reload.
- Stop Button: Stops a page from loading.
- Forward and Back button allows you to navigate between Web pages.
- Also show them how to scroll using the scroll bar.
- Minimum, Maximum and the Close Button (the Red X as it is typically called).
3. Lesson #2 Uppercase and Lowercase Letter Matching Game. Demonstrate if needed- instructions are provided.
4. Lesson #3- Kid's Coloring and Drawing Activity Have them explore all the different functions of this digital drawing tool, which has more bells and whistles than the Microsoft Paint Program.
If they do not all finish within the class, allow them to explore the next class as well. This will help you assess which students will need more help, who can be the helpers, and what areas your class will need to practice more.